Monday, November 4, 2013

Ole blackie

When wandering through my files I found this poem that I penned in 2010. I'm glad to say that the feelings that are evident in the poem are no longer present. I'd encourage anyone who is experiencing similar feelings to seek help sooner rather than later...



Ole blackie

Why the sigh?
Why the sadness?
Why the darkness?
Despair.

This life is good!
This life is full!
This life it beckons!
To be more full!

But underneath he sits;
Underneath he growls;
Underneath he knows;
That I hold but by a thread.

In the midst of a crowd;
In the bustling city life;
In the noisy public house;
Aloneness.

A bright face!
A noisy laugh!
A witty interject!
A fancy act.

The darkness sees.
The silence hears.
The mute scream.
They know.

So energy expends
Work harder!
Smile wider!
Be jolly.

But Ole Blackie remains.
The faithful hound.
The companion of life.
My “best friend”?


No comments: